What is TOEIC Speaking & Writing?
TOEIC S&W is a Test of English for International Communication which focuses on Speaking and Writing. It is developed by ETS (Educational Testing Service) who also develops TOEFL and others, and administered in Cambodia by IIG Education (Cambodia) Co., Ltd.
English is the language of global opportunity. In the increasingly competitive global marketplace, employers need a workforce that can speak and write effectively across borders and cultures. The TOEIC Speaking and Writing tests are valid assessments of English-language speaking and writing skills for business. In today’s global workplace:
- Speaking skills are important for effective presentations, face-to-face communication, meetings, videoconferencing, teleconferencing and telephone conversations.
- Writing skills are necessary for clear, persuasive email and other types of business correspondence.
When the TOEIC Speaking and Writing tests are taken together with the TOEIC Listening and Reading test, they provide a reliable measurement of all four English language communication skills. The TOEIC Speaking and Writing tests are delivered through the Internet and are available globally.
The TOEIC Speaking & Writing is suitable for the following people:
- Job Seekers
- Professionals, employees
- Teachers, University students, High School students
- Those who want to work overseas
- Vocational students and employees
- Content: 11 questions
- Time: approximately 20 minutes
- Score scale: 0 – 200
|1-2||Read a Test aloud||
|3||Describe a Picture||All of above, plus
|4-6||Respond to questions||All of above, plus
|7-9||Respond to questions using information provided||All of above|
|10||Propose a solution||All of above|
|11||Express an opinion||All of above|
- Content: 8 questions
- Time: approximately 60 minutes
- Score Scale: 0 – 200
|1-5||Write a sentence based on a picture||
|6-7||Respond to a written request||
|8||Write an opinion essay||